- One convenient monthly refill date
- Less phone calls to the pharmacy and doctor
- Fewer errands
- No worries about running out of medication
- Fewer hassles with insurance carriers
- Prescriptions are automatically ready on your refill day
SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE BY SYNCHRONIZING YOUR PRESCRIPTIONS.
Medication Synchronization or Med Sync is a convenient way to fill your prescriptions at the same time.
HOW Medication Synchronization PROCESS WORKS?
- Approximately a week prior to your prescription getting refilled, you will receive a phone call from our pharmacy confirming which prescriptions are needed
- We call your physician to obtain refill authorization and work with your insurance company to ensure the lowest possible copay
- We also ensure that medications prescribed by multiple doctors do not diminish the effectiveness of the prescription regimen
- Your prescriptions are ready for pick-up or delivery before you run out
Complete synchronization takes 4-8 weeks, but we take care of all the hassles
WHY IS MEDICATION SYNCHRONIZATION IMPORTANT?
It is estimated that 21 percent of Americans use three or more medications and 10 percent take five or more medications. A study by Harvard Medical School found that when medications were not synchronized, patients had adherence rates that were 8.4% lower than patients for which medications were synchronized.
Poor medication adherence contributes to worse health outcomes and higher healthcare costs to individuals and the health care system as a whole. Non-adherence to medications accounts for 33% to 69% of medication-related hospital admissions and approximately 125,000 deaths annually in the United States. Poor medication adherence costs the U.S. healthcare system $290 billion annually – 13% of total healthcare expenditures. Source
HOW CAN MED SYNC BENEFIT YOUR HEALTH?
- Peace of Mind: Your likelihood of missing doses because you forgot to refill your prescription decreases dramatically. AP Pharmacy is responsible for proactively coordinating when your prescription needs to be refilled.
- Convenience: You will pick up all of your medications in one trip to the our AP Pharmacy in Fort Worth location per month. This will eliminate the need for you to make time in your busy schedule for multiple refill calls and visits to the pharmacy.
- Improved medication management: You will develop a closer relationship with our pharmacist during your monthly pick-up, leading to a better understanding of how your medication therapy works and how you can avoid side effects.